Duties of an ambassador include:
- Creating congregational awareness of LHM programs through displays, fliers, the church bulletin, etc. LHM has great programs on parenting, reaching new neighbors, supporting military personnel and more.
- Enlisting new LHM donors and thanking current donors. Note that Thrivent Financial members can give to LHM through the GivingPlus program.· Encouraging participation in LHM projects and use of LHM resources.
- Planning and promoting Lutheran Hour Ministries Sunday each year (this year the event is Feb. 24 for most congregations).
- Ordering and displaying special occasion and memorial cards and refilling the display as needed.
- Attending zone and district workshops in your area to share ideas, update reports, and help set zone and district goals.
Are you qualified to be an ambassador?
Ambassadors should be LHM donors, members of a LCMS church, have a heart for missions, possess strong communication skills, and understand the importance of encouraging ongoing financial and volunteer support for LHM in your congregation.
LHM will provide support through workshops and The Envoy volunteer newsletter, plus info about current and upcoming programs and materials for the congregation.
Contact Pastor Schneider or submit a Ministry Interest form (found in the Fellowship Hall rack) to Pastor Schneider or Lisa Jaeger.