Immanuel has several new families joining us this Spring -
1. Brad and Marta Gillespie recently moved to Milwaukee and found Immanuel when they were seeking a church close to their home. Brad is transferring to Immanuel from St. Paul’s Lutheran in Milwaukee, while Marta is transferring in from Prince of Peace Lutheran in Menomonee Falls.
Marta says having music geared toward the younger generation at Immanuel is a nice change of pace. She has been involved in Young Life and Bible studies in the past, and looks forward to pursuing similar avenues at Immanuel. Marta also loves to do scrapbooking in her free time.
Brad loves sports, especially golf. The couple enjoys the outdoors, and looks forward to visiting Marta’s parents’ cabin up north, where they often spend time fishing. They also like to go camping.
Marta and Brad are currently preparing for the birth of their first child, a boy, who is expected to arrive in June. Please welcome this young family to our congregation!
2. Andy and Jackie Niedermeier and their son Mitchel, 2 ½, recently moved to Menomonee Falls from Janesville, where they were members at St. Paul’s Lutheran. Jackie had stood up in a wedding at Immanuel several years ago and remembered how beautiful the sanctuary was. The family visited again and discovered that the church felt like a good fit in more than aesthetics: they found Immanuel was family-friendly for people with small children, and they felt they benefitted from the services – convenient service times, sermons that seemed to click with them, and upbeat contemporary music they enjoyed.
The family requests congregational prayer at this time for Jackie’s mother, Marlene, who is battling lung and liver cancer.
Andy works as a painter for Carl Krueger Construction, while Jackie works for Wachovia Securities.
Jackie relishes family bike rides, Andy enjoys playing volleyball and basketball, and Mitchel is currently passionate about trains, especially Thomas. The family also likes working on landscaping their yard.
Welcome this family to our area and our congregation!
3. Marty Fries comes to Immanuel as a transfer from Mt. Olive Lutheran Church. He began to look for a new church after Mt. Olive eliminated its early service and the parking situation became difficult. He lives near Immanuel and has been impressed with how friendly the congregation is. Marty likes gardening and is interested in helping with the care of Immanuel’s lawn and flower beds.
Marty loves history, especially that related to ancient and medieval times. He enjoys watching religious specials on Channels 10 and 36. He also likes to go to collector car shows – his favorite cars are Chevrolets from the 1950’s.
Say hello to this friendly gentleman soon!
4. Jessica Johnson and Brad Sakac, of Germantown, come to Immanuel as adult confirmands. Jessica grew up attending Immanuel and introduced Brad to the church. The couple has a two-year-old son, Aiden, and, like many parents with small children, is thrilled that Immanuel’s chapel doubles as a crying room. The couple requests prayer for the healthy delivery of their second baby boy, due in June. Jessica and Brad are also planning a Dec. 31st wedding at Immanuel.
Brad works for Plastic Components Incorporated, and Jessica is employed at Wells Fargo Bank.
In their free time, Jessica and Brad enjoy doing remodeling projects around their house. They are also passionate about motorcycles – they own a Honda, a Kawasaki, and a Harley currently. Aiden loves music and is becoming more interested in having stories read to him.
Be sure to welcome this new family to our congregation!
5. Jonathan and Melanie Herman, of Milwaukee, found Immanuel because it was close to their home. Jonathan is transferring to Immanuel from First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Racine, and Melanie is an adult confirmand.
Melanie works for Northwestern Mutual, and Jonathan is employed at Sentinel Fluid Controls in New Berlin.
The couple’s hobbies include bowling and golf, and Jonathan recently tried skydiving, which he said was not really too scary after having fallen out of an airplane while in the military.
Melanie and Jonathan love animals, and currently have a dog and seven cats, since one cat recently gave birth to four kittens.
Please greet this young couple on a Sunday morning soon!
6. Kyle and Amy Witte and their children, Henry and Sydney, are recent transfers to Immanuel from Brookfield Lutheran. Kyle and Amy are pleased with Immanuel’s family-oriented congregation, and Kyle has a previous connection with Immanuel because he attended our day school as a child.
Amy works at Wells Fargo Advantage Funds. Kyle is employed at Lemberg Electric.
The Witte family enjoys doing yard work around their Brookfield home. Amy likes running, while Kyle is known for cooking a variety of dishes for the family. Henry, 3½, is taken with dinosaurs and trains, and is beginning to show an interest in sports. Sydney, 18 months, is into everything: she loves to play with her tea set and with the family yellow lab, Gracie. Sydney also just learned to give kisses, so she is happily occupied sharing her love with those around her.
Please welcome this friendly family to our congregation!
7. Eric and Brook Dirk and their children Anthony, 12, and Morgan, 10 months, are really excited to become members at Immanuel – they say they are thrilled to find a church they’re comfortable with that’s close to home, and where everyone has been welcoming.
The Dirk family resides in Milwaukee, where Brook teaches preschoolers in MPS. Eric is a truck driver for J&K Trucking Company.
Eric is an outdoorsman who enjoys fishing and hunting. The family also shares in his love of the great outdoors – camping is a favorite family activity. Anthony gets out in the fresh air when he plays football. Morgan is just starting to stand and to cruise – besides the exhilaration of independent movement, she is also passionate about Goldfish crackers and Baby Einstein videos. Brook likes to make scrapbooks to chronicle all the family memories.
Greet this family and make them feel at home!
8. Joe Rick is a new member to Immanuel, though he’s already quite familiar with our church because his wife, Vicki, is a member, Girl Scout leader, and Sunday School teacher. The couple has three children: Michelle, 21, Joslynn, 10, and Mason, 7. Mason and Joslynn attend Immanuel’s Day School. Michelle works at Immanuel Child Care. The Ricks, who live in Butler, were first introduced to Immanuel some years ago by the Isaacson family, back when the Isaacsons also resided in Butler.
Joe does custom woodworking and cabinetry for First Quality Woodwork, while Vicki is self-employed as a residential and commercial cleaner.
Like many Wisconsinites, Joe loves getting outside when the weather permits – he especially enjoys hunting, fishing, and camping. He also coaches his children in their baseball summer league. Joe says he might be interested in being involved with sports at Immanuel. He is also intrigued by the many options for Bible study.
In the rest of his free time, Joe says he strives to keep the Honey Do list down. He also says he doesn’t have a particular favorite food; he just enjoys eating anything that wouldn’t eat him!
Keep a lookout for an opportunity to make this witty man’s acquaintance!
9. Richard (Rich) and Ginger Mente moved to Brookfield from Milwaukee recently. Ginger had grown up attending Immanuel, so it was a natural choice for the couple to transfer here from Covenant Lutheran Church in Milwaukee.
Ginger works for Shorewest Realtors, while Rich is part of the Parks Department for the City of Wauwatosa. The couple enjoys reading, fishing, and gardening.
Ginger and Rich have two daughters who are teachers in Lutheran schools. Nicole teaches middle school English at First Immanuel in Cedarburg. Michele just got a teaching job, which will begin in fall, teaching social studies and science at Northwest Lutheran School.
Please welcome these new Brookfield residents to our family of faith!
10. Lance and Amy Comerford and their boys: Jayden, 6, Jackson, 4, and Lucas, 1, are transfers to Immanuel from St. Peter Immanuel. Lance was especially familiar with our church since he coached basketball at St. Peter Immanuel for 18 years, and often his team played against ours.
The Comerfords were also encouraged to become members at Immanuel when Lance’s sister-in-law, Brook Dirk (see her entry above), decided to join. The Comerfords, who live in Milwaukee, are pleased that Immanuel is close to their home, and feels like a close-knit congregation.
Lance is a customer service representative for Krones Inc., which deals in labeling equipment. Amy teaches first grade in MPS.
Please extend a friendly hello to this young family!
11. Dwayne and KayDee Davis come to our church from Zion Lutheran. KayDee was a member of Immanuel back before her children were grown, and upon revisiting, she and Dwayne both enjoyed the sermons and friendly atmosphere. They especially look forward to getting to know other couples at Immanuel.
Dwayne strips metals for AuraII in Milwaukee. KayDee works as a machine operator, packing envelopes at Western States Envelope Company in Butler.
KayDee and Dwayne live in Milwaukee and enjoy shooting darts, playing pool, and bowling. KayDee also enjoys reading, while Dwayne is a movie buff. The couple also likes spending time with their four grandkids, who range between seven months old and four years old.
Please greet this new couple to our congregation!