Two Tunics is an outreach ministry in which Immanuel volunteers serve at the non-profit New Threads of Hope Warehouse (formerly CorpCare Distributions). Two Tunics is dedicated to fulfilling the Gospel injunction, “The man with two tunics should share with him who has none and the man who has food should do the same” (Luke 3:11).
New, discontinued, and overstocked clothing items are received weekly at the New Threads of Hope Warehouse (located at 801 S. 60th Street) from area and national retailers. Two Tunics ministers remove labels and box clothing items for distribution to people in need. More than 20,000 clothing and household items have been processed and distributed by Two Tunics volunteers in the past 9 months.
In the Greater Milwaukee Area, Two Tunics is serving:
• Burmese Refugees
• Benediction and Hope Lutheran Church Hmong Ministries
• Concordia University School
• Benediction French Speaking African Ministry
• Hepatha Lutheran Church
• Lutherans For Life
• Penfield Children’s Center
• Cooperating Congregations of Waukesha
• Place of Refuge
• Holy Cross Lutheran Church
On a global scale, Two Tunics’ work benefits:
· WELS Granada Ministry
• Concordia Church – Kyrgystan
• Lutheran Mission to Honduras
• Jamaican Orphans
• Mexican Mission
• Thoughts of Faith Ukraine MinistryVolunteers meet on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of each month from 9 a.m. to Noon at the New Threads of Hope Warehouse. Join others in reaching out to families who really need help. It will be a fulfilling experience for all involved. Contact Ron and Carolyn Schmeling.