Believing that God fearfully and wonderfully created each individual and that all are precious to Him, the Special Needs Ministry seeks to minister to families and their children who are challenged with a wide array of disabilities, such as Down's Syndrome, Autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, etc.
The Special Needs Ministry seeks:
1. To provide a library of books relating to specific special needs for families, teachers, pastors, coaches, etc.
2. To initiate at Pals Program (birth-8th grade) that provides one-to-one assistance in the Sunday School class. Pals also provide added direction and lesson adaptation for children needing a fresh, creative perspective for learning about God.
3. To initiate a Respite Event Program, a fun-filled program containing age-appropriate games and activities for children with special needs and their brothers and/or sisters. The goal is to provide the caregivers the opportunity to enjoy some rest and relaxation off campus, while caring for the children in a safe and enjoyable environment. This event is by registration only.
4. To encourage all members to grow in their knowledge, support, and compassion for those with special needs.
5. To provide Immanuel Lutheran School and Sunday School teachers, pastors, and the school principal with information and conference/workshop opportunities to expand their abilities as they serve children with special needs.
The Special Needs Ministry meets at Immanuel on an as-needed basis. Contact Abigail Schlie for more information.